Concept autonomus Mini SUMO Robot
This is an autonomous mini sumo robot made out of homemade IR Sensors and plastic motors.
The Modules/parts used are
1. Two homemade IR Sensor (TSOP 1738 with IR LED) for object detection.
2 Two reflective photo sensor (rpr-220) for edge detection.
Programmed using a homemade parallel port programmer.
Programming language C.
IC NE555 for generating frequency on IR Led.
Two LI-Po battery (11.1 V 500mah).
Two BO plastic motors (300 RPM) with corresponding plastic wheels.
This is called Concept as because it cannot compete in sumo robot competitions because of the following reasons.
1. IR Sensors are not capable of detecting BLACK object.
2. IR Sensors range is about 30cm for white object and 20cm for other objects. (Sumo ring is 77cm so need at least two sharp range finders 10~80 cm and less vulnerable to black object)
3. Plastic motors has less torque and the plastic wheels(thin) are skidding like anything (visible in the video).
4. Lastly the size is not exactly 10cmx10cm it is about 12cmx12cm.(disqualified )
[The size increase is because of the motor I have used]
I can not find any good quality small size motors in India so just used the plastic one because of its small size.
a modified full rotation servo can be used but the robot will be slow as it will rotate around 70 RPM.
I will try to build a tutorial and add source code if any one interested.